Whitby & North York Anxiety Treatment Services
What Is Anxiety Treatment?
Anxiety is a normal and generally healthy emotion that people have in response to stressful situations. However, some people may experience anxiety levels that are disproportionate to their environment and that excessive worry, fear, or nervousness might become an issue that would need proper anxiety treatment services.
According to a report by Anxiety Canada about 25% of Canadians will experience at least one anxiety disorder. That makes it one of the most common mental health issues in the Whitby, North York, and Greater Toronto area. This means as a Whitby or North York Ontario resident, you’re not alone if you’re struggling with anxiety issues.
What Are The Symptoms Of Anxiety?
Anxiety can impact both the body and the mind in many different ways but some of the most common symptoms include:
- Uncontrollable feelings of worry or panic
- Increased Irritable feelings
- Difficulty falling asleep and other insomnia issues
- Feeling restless, nervous, or tense
- Increased heart rate or palpitations
- Unable to concentrate, and other attention difficulties
- Headaches and dizziness
Can Anxiety Be Treated With Proper Anxiety Treatment Methods?
The good thing is that there are effective anxiety treatment methods available to help people dealing with anxiety change unhealthy thinking and behaviour to reduce symptoms. At Harmony Counsellings our anxiety treatment service providers specialize in psychotherapy methods like cognitive behavioural therapy and EMDR that are proven to be effective anxiety treatment methods.
We work with individuals who:
- Are newly experiencing anxiety issues
- Are in the process of receiving anxiety treatment services
- Are in need of further strengthening an existing recovery from anxiety
- Have someone they care about that is struggling with anxiety
Which Types Of Anxiety Treatments Do You Use?
We work with several types of anxiety types, including:
- General fearfulness or anxious feelings including Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Attacks, Panicking Issues
- Various Phobias
- Social Anxiousness, Social Anxiety Disorders
- Agoraphobia, and fears of leaving safe spaces
- Anxiety about feelings of pain
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – OCD
Everyone feels anxious now and then. Anxiety can be a warning sign that your body senses danger or it could be an elixir motivating you to action. However, when you find you are constantly in a state of anxiety and this is having an impact on your relationships. It is time to seek help with anxiety treatment Whitby and North York services.
To learn more about anxiety treatment services, or to schedule a free initial consultation you can reach our team using the form on the site or by visiting our contact page.